Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm Cuddling Your Heart Right Now


My roommate and my twin are the world's most perfect girls.  It is like, shocking how incredible they are.  Though I have usually given my stermp of approval to their various boyfriends, I have yet to meet a man I think is truly deserving, probably because I have impossible standards for them.  I try so hard to look for the best in their guys, but even a tiny mistake triggers a response I try very hard to suppress--my inner Lorena Bobbitt.  Seriously, it's a good thing that distance prevents me from acting on all of my irrational inclinations.

When either of my favorite girls get upset, I always try to empathize whilst helping them rationalize what happened with their respective boys.  I know when I've been upset about a guy it's important to have someone ground my thinking.  More than anything I want to make sure that my ladies assume the best in who their dating.  That way, the universe isn't completely off thrown off balance while I'm busy HATING/eternally punishing their boyfriends for being insensitive, slack-jawed Neanderthals. 

Truly, there is little that hurts worse than watching either of them suffer--especially because of boy problems.  I know it's all part of the dating process, but I find it miserable that I can only offer bits of advice, unconditional love, hugs and a pint of Ben & Jerry's.  They are TREASURES and deserve the best.  I'm thankful that they remember how special they are for the most part, though I wish they could spend a few hours looking at themselves through my eyes.  

I'm radiating my love into the universe, girls.  I hope you can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment