Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wishful To Do List


I just had a wundebar weekend.  I saw a movie, laughed with friends, hiked and ate popcorn...totally living the dream.  As I lie in bed thinking about the week ahead, I realized that I am enjoying a fantastic life right now.  Still, I love to dream about all the things that will be part of my future.  There are near-term items and long-term to dos, but regardless, I love the promise of what might be.  Below, in no particular order, is an incomplete list of some things that I want to do.

1. Become a runner.  (Start running.  Run a 5k.  Run a half-marathon.  Run a marathon.)
2. Put pictures in the empty frames around my room.
3. Talk to my family.  NOTE: This will always be on the list because I always want to talk to my Mom, Dad, sister and twin.
4. Learn to sight read music.
5. Make soft pretzels with my Mom.
6. Meet a man who can convince me that I should make the appropriate adjustments to include him as a regular part of my life.
7. Own a dog.
8. Start my day with yoga.
9. Visit India, Greece, France, Belgium, Egypt, Botswana, Vietnam, South Africa, Tibet, Denmark...
10. Find a comprehensive list of classic American literature and read every book.

A lot of lists stop at 10, so I'll follow suit.  Still, there is so much more that I hope to fill my life with and can't wait to slowly start accomplishing things.  One of these days I'll compile a comprehensive list, prioritize and really get going.  Yet for the time being I'm going to smile and wish.  That cool?

1 comment: